This year WhizzFizzFest is delighted to welcome some new (and familiar!) faces to Aylesbury’s much-loved children’s literature festival. We have a fantastic selection of local authors helping to inspire the imaginations and creativity of local children. Joining us on the day are:
- Darren St Mart, a fantastic children’s author whose books are suitable for ages 3-7 years. Take a look at the charming The Lowly Chicken.
- Jill Stanton-Huxton, who along with her gorgeous assistant, a Norwegian Forest Cat, Kissa, has a wonderful children’s book Harvey and the Moon Bus, suitable for ages 5-7 years.
- Mark Elvy, the incredible author of children’s adventure books The Tales of Fluke and Tash, suitable for ages 6-11 years.
- Christine Tennent, whose Horace Burp, Lizard Boy Hero are dyslexia-friendly modern fantasy chapter books, suitable for children aged 6-9 years.
- Aaliyah Neil. At only 12 years old, Aaliyah is already a published author! She featured on Mix96 last year after publishing Simon Dover a mystery/crime book suitable for children aged 10+, and will be assisting with the Queens Park Arts Centre 500 words challenge on the day.
- Wendy White and Claire Rollins have two illustrated children’s books suitable for ages 5-8 years. Join them on the day for an illustration workshop and storytelling.
We’re also excited to be welcoming Sarah Lloyd-Winder to Aylesbury town centre as WhizzFizzFest’s wonderful Storyteller. Sarah’s magical bag of stories are always growing and changing and include traditional tales, folk tales, historical stories and a combination of them all. Be sure to enjoy a tale or two throughout the day and be a part of the creative adventure!